Sunday, October 24, 2010

If You're Not Happy With It...Change It !!

So far I have changed three finished garments because I was not satisfied with the way they looked. They needed something more...

It's sometimes not easy changing the design once its fully completed, cutting into a finished garment can be very nerve racking !

1. Jean Top:
After my top was finished, I thought it looked a bit nannerish (if thats a word). I designed Jean to be the more sophisticated one, but I thought she needed to be a little bit more sexy. I took off the mandarin collar and cut a large key hole out in the front. It comes pretty low down, so I hope the model wearing this has nice boobs ;] hahaha.

The back of the top I didn't change, I was happy with the way it looked, I just finished it off by putting an invisible open ended zip in the back.

The tie now I will just use as a scarf and place it off centre.

2. Lola Bolero:
Once I had finished my bolero, I just thought it looked like it was missing something. The other problem I was having was that the piece of boning wasn't holding up the ruffle at the back. Because the bolero has no closure, it sits fairly loose on the body, unless the model is holding the front of the bolero while she walks, the ruffle will fall down. I decided to add some tulle and netting, which will correspond back with some other pieces in my range.

I am so much happier with the bolero now :]]] and the ruffle stays up on its own.

3. Rizzo dress:
In the same instance as my bolero, the ruffle on my dress was having some difficulty. So I decided to add some tulle and netting aswell ! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before I had started, so here is a picture of my toile before.
I haven't prick stitched my ruffle yet, so it will sit better once I have done this...


P.S. These manniquins do NOTHING for my garments, so please forgive this, haha.

1 comment:

  1. goodluck with your fashion parade meg! how exciting for you. it all looks great so far. i especially love the last dress you posted with the floral ruffle sleeve. its so good to see the process i want to get into fashion design at Adelaide City tafe aswell next year after school. Ive started a blog to show the process of my label Stayc Hendrickson. please follow, have a look, tell people or feel free to give me some advice along the way :) plus i posted a link to your blog on mine.

    http://staychendrickson-firstcollection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete