Friday, October 29, 2010

Model Fittings Done !!

Yesterday, Thursday the 28th, 17 models came in for fittings from 12pm-4pm. Everyone including myself were running around like chickens with no heads, hahaha. In our room you could feel the tension between us all, the air seemed still.

From about 9am till 11am the models racks were pretty empty but filled up shortly after once everyone realised they needed to get their garments fitted, even if that meant pinning it onto the model !!

Some people had successful fittings, and others not so successful. Apart from a rocky start, the rest of my fittings went pretty well. My main drama was when I was fitting my 'Jean' outfit to the model. It wasn't until the whole outfit was put together that I realised it just looked too much ! The outfit consisited of a waisted jacket, a top with a tie/scarf and a high-waisted skirt. The pieces on their own are great but with all of it together, it just didn't look right. I was at the point of "do I just scrap the jacket ?" But I didn't want to because of my hard work that went into constructing the jacket. So we tried other alternatives like the model possibly taking it off as soon as she walks out on the catwalk ? But then I thought maybe she could just carry is out, so that the audience can see that there is a jacket which completes the outfit, instead of not having it at all. I ended up scrapping the tie/scarf from the top because it looked good without it :]

Apart from that, there were no other major alterations that needed to be done, apart from making garments tighterrrrr and more fitted. Overall Im pretty happy with my garments, now all I have to do is get them all completed by next tuesday ! Bring on the next 3 daysssss !!

No comments:

Post a Comment